TWO-STEP PROTEIN TREATMENT
ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment has been used by salons as a service for years. It is more effective and provides longer lasting results than any single step treatment or intensive conditioner. This unique treatment is formulated with magnesium and activated proteins, which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. Hair breakage is drastically reduced. Typical re-application is 4-6 weeks following initial use, depending upon hair condition, styling regimen, new chemical processes and shampoo frequency. Using more often than needed does not damage hair, but wastes product.
ApHogee Treatment hardens into the hair during processing, repairing broken peptide bonds caused by heat and chemical damage, not merely the disulfide bonds reformed by popular “re-bonders”. For best results a hooded dryer is recommended. After rinsing excess Treatment and applying ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, users are astounded with the results. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment can help improve other salon type services as well.
APHOGEE PROTEIN TREATMENT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR HAIR THAT:
- Breaks when combed or brushed.
- Is too weak or fine to take a perm, bleach, straightener or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
- Is over-bleached.
- Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application for 30% less fade or shade change after 10 shampoos)
- Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying.
- Has lost it’s curl pattern due to chemical over-processing
- Shake well before use
- Keep out of eyes. If product gets into eyes, rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- ApHogee Treatment has about the same pH as lemon juice and may sting until rinsed
- Do not apply if scalp is irritated or blistered from a previous chemical service.
- Avoid combing, brushing or agitating hair while ApHogee Treatment is dried in hair
- ApHogee Two Step Protein Treatment is step 1. Always follow with step 2 ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer
- Cleanse hair gently with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. Rinse thoroughly and towel blot dry.
- Comb and blend ApHogee Two Step Protein Treatment through hair with a wide-toothed comb for complete and even distribution.
- Leave hair uncovered. DO NOT use a plastic cap. Seat client under low-medium heat dryer with high airflow. (Alternatively, a hand dryer may be used, but hair SHOULD NOT be agitated while drying.) Drying time varies with dryer, hair texture and length.
When ApHogee Treatment is dried into the hair, the hair becomes hard. DO NOT comb or brush hair while ApHogee Treatment is dried and in the hair.
- Re-wet and gently rinse thoroughly with warm water. Repeat. Remove all excess dried protein. Towel dry.
- Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to hair and scalp. Leave on for 2 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Proceed to next service or style as usual.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE WITH OTHER PROCESSES
BLEACHING & LIFTING COLOR
Wash hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair, rinse and towel blot dry. Bleach or lift tint in usual way and rinse. Follow general directions for applying ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment.
ApHogee Treatment may be applied the week before applying hair color to provide a better matrix to retain color and reduce color fade on porous hair by up to 30% after 10 shampoos.
Alternatively, it may be used in color application, as follows:
Wash hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair, rinse and towel blot dry. Follow general directions for applying ApHogee Two-Step protein Treatment. After rinsing, towel dry & apply depositing tint in usual way. Place a plastic cap over hair and check every 2-1⁄2 mins. A warm dryer may be used. When tinting is complete, shampoo thoroughly from hair. Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to help restore natural moisture balance to hair. Rinse and proceed with next service or style as usual.
RELAXING & STRAIGHTENING
Before Relaxer: If analysis indicates the hair is overly weak and in-elastic, prior to the relaxer service, we recommend an ApHogee Treatment one day prior to the service and re-evaluation prior to relaxing.
Following Relaxer: If a relaxer service results in damage and breakage, wait 24 hours before application. If the service resulted in any scalp blistering or breaks in the skin, treat as called for and postpone the ApHogee service until healing is complete. (This is to avoid stinging)
Do not use ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment within 24 Hours of Relaxer application. ApHogee is acidic and the hair and scalp should be allowed this time to equilibrate between the highly alkaline relaxer pH and Two-Step Treatment
REVERSING CURL RELAXATION
Naturally curly hair begins to show evidence of uneven curl pattern, making cutting and styling more difficult.
There are several possible causes of this condition.
- Hair may not naturally have the same curl pattern around the entire scalp.
- Damage from chemical processing may be heavier over some areas of the head than others. This may be due to uneven application of product, varying textures of hair or varying processing times across the head.
- Uneven damage from heat appliances. This might occur, for example in a right handed person blow drying or styling more heavily on the right side of their head.
USING APHOGEE TWO-STEP PROTEIN FOR CURL RESTORATION
- Gently cleanse hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. Rinse thoroughly and towel blot dry.
- Apply Two-Step Protein Treatment by “scrunching” through the hair until completely saturated. DO NOT COMB THROUGH HAIR. Even coverage throughout the hair is important! Be sure to protect eyes. If product gets into eyes, follow directions on for rinsing.
- Leave hair uncovered, DO NOT use a plastic cap. Seat client under medium heat dryer, with high airflow.(Alternatively, a hand dryer may be used, but hair SHOULD NOT be agitated while drying.) NOTE: When ApHogee Treatment is dried into the hair, the hair becomes extremely hard. DO NOT comb or brush hair while ApHogee Treatment is dried and in the hair.
- Re-wet and gently rinse thoroughly with warm water. Remove all excess dried protein. Towel dry.
- Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to hair and scalp by “scrunching” evenly through hair. DO NOT COMB THROUGH HAIR. Leave on for 2 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
Depending on a number of factors up to 80% of the curl pattern may be restored. In some cases where damage is more extensive and hair type is very fine, very little difference will be noted in curl pattern but the hair will be strengthened.
For additional information and for a recommendation on “Which ApHogee Products are Best for Your Hair”, answer a few questions at: